Table of Contents
- Best Orthopedic Dog Beds: Winners
- The Top Orthopedic Dog Beds
- Best Overall Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed for Heavy Chewers
- Best Budget Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Indestructible Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Best Dog Bed for Dogs with Arthritis
- Best Dog Bed for Senior Dogs
- Best Memory Foam Dog Bed
- PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
- Best XL Orthopedic Bolster Bed for Large Dog Breeds
- Best Orthopedic Dog Bed with Bolster
- Best Cooling Dog Bed with Memory Foam
- Best Dog Bed For Hip Dysplasia
- What to Look for When Choosing an Orthopedic Dog Bed
- Final Verdict
After years of personal experience looking for the best orthopedic dog beds, I can confidently say that my top pick is Big Barker for dogs with orthopedic issues.
However, if your dog prefers a bolster-style bed, then the Orvis Orthopedic Memory Foam Bolster Dog Bed would be the one you want to choose.
There are several different types of orthopedic dog beds since not all dogs have the same needs.
Plus, numerous factors also play a role when choosing the right mattress for your pup, which is why we have compiled a list of the best orthopedic dog beds on the market.
Read on to learn more about various orthopedic pet bed options available and why we think they are the best.
Related: Best Dog Beds for Large Dogs
The Top Orthopedic Dog Beds
What to Look for When Choosing an Orthopedic Dog Bed
There is an abundance of orthopedic dog beds available, making choosing the right one a bit challenging.
However, here are a few key things to look for that will help narrow down your search:
- Shape – Round or Rectangle
- Style – Bolster, Flat, or Headrest
- Cover Material
- Your dog’s health issues, if any
- Height of the bed – Remember, when choosing an orthopedic dog bed, a thick mattress might seem like the best choice, but taller mattresses may be more difficult for your dog to get in and out.
- Stuffing/Fill Material/Mattress Material
- Waterproof lining
My first choice is the Big Barker Headrest Edition because it has been proven to help improve your dog’s quality of life, has a 365-day guarantee your dog will love it, and a 10-year warranty against sagging.
My second choice is the FurHaven brand. They offer various styles, including an elevated option with a bed frame.
However, I am partial to the chaise lounge style because it is ergonomically-designed, making it ideal for dogs with joint issues.
Thankfully, there are many choices available, making it nearly impossible not to find the perfect orthopedic bed for your pup.
- UPenn Clinical Study Results: Do Big Barker Beds Work?
Still Have Questions?
Ask a Vet!