Table of Contents
- Taste of the Wild Dog Food Alternatives: Winners
- The Best Taste of the Wild Dog Food Alternatives
- Overall Best Alternative to Taste of the Wild – American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food
- Upgrade Pick – Natural Balance L.I.D. Salmon & Sweet Potato Formula Dry Dog Food
- Budget Choice – Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula Chicken & Brown Rice Dry Dog Food
- Best Homemade Style Taste of the Wild Alternative – NomNomNow Turkey Fare
- Best Alternative Dog Food for Puppies – Diamond Naturals Large Breed Puppy Formula Dry Dog Food
- How To Transition Your Dog To A New Food
- The Overall Best Alternative to Taste of the Wild
The Taste of the Wild dog food brand is great, but it’s not always the best choice for many dog owners because of its high price
Plus, their dog foods aren’t always available in large packs, which increases the cost even more.
However, you can buy cheaper alternatives to the Taste of the Wild dog food that offers the same or better ingredients.
The American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food is my favorite alternative to the Taste of the Wild.
This dry dog food is even suitable for dogs with a sensitive stomach or itchy skin and offers a better nutritional value at a lot cheaper price.
Below I have reviewed five different dog food alternatives to Taste of the Wild that you can use for your dog.
Reach each review carefully to find the product that suits the unique needs of your pup the best.
So, let’s get started.
The Best Taste of the Wild Dog Food Alternatives
How To Transition Your Dog To A New Food
Transitioning your dog to a new food doesn’t have to be a difficult task.
You just need to make sure that you change your dog’s diet gradually because a rapid change in food can lead a pup to end up having an upset stomach2.
Dogs rely on a consistent diet plan, which means they can eat the same food for a long period.
So, after finding the right new food for your furry friend, make sure that you introduce it to your dog in a low quantity along with the current diet.
Then gradually increase the quantity of the new food over five to seven days. You might need to increase this duration if your dog has allergies or a sensitive tummy.
To learn in detail about switching dog foods the right way, click here.
Important Note: You must not change your dog’s diet without consulting a vet.
The Overall Best Alternative to Taste of the Wild
My favorite alternative to the Taste of the Wild is American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dry Dog Food.
Not only is it cheaper than Taste of the Wild, but it also offers a better nutritional value, and you can use it even if your dog is experiencing an upset stomach or itchy skin.
You can buy American Journey Salmon & Sweet Potato Dog Food right now if you plan to change your dog’s current diet.
Still Have Questions?
Ask a Vet!